Saturday, September 16, 2006

















every now and then something happens that
restores my faith that there are some really nice
people out there.

a man i know approached me last night at the club




( he's a nice man, i talk to him a lot, when i see him . )






i belong to and gave me 100.00 to put toward the
scholarship fund that i help out with. he gave 100.00 last year
as well. he donates it in memory of his late brother-in-law
and always makes the point that it is from his whole family.

this man and his wife are very nice people. they do not
have to do this, but they choose to, and i, and i know
the winners of the scholarships thank him even tho they do
not know him or his family.

the fact that he does this and says he will continue as
he is able make me think that things aren't so bad and
kindness does still exist. my thanks to him and his family.

2 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

Believe me when I tell you, I have alot a faith in people, there are just too many of them out there to not have faith.I believe that God really sets us apart from each other so that we'll all work toward the middle, and change the vibe of all of the negative folks.
It seems like sometimes though,it takes forever to find all of the good, or goodness in people, but we have to be patient, eventually the negative ones will figure it out.
That was nice about the gentleman giving you the money,can I contribute too,even from here?
If I can, I'd like to, it may not be much, but I'm sure very little bit counts.
Have a great day. I love you.CT
ps, the Yankees are playing 2 doubleheaders, so you know where I'll be...glued to the screen ha ha ha.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, thanks much. no, you don't have to contribute, but if you see a local charity or such where you guys live, give them a few dollars and we can just start a mini wave of smiles!

i believe as you do, there is a path for everyone and that path suits and fulfills them and they then, can work in tiny or in big ways to make our world a little bit better.

yep, i know what you'll be doing!
me, i'm doing laundry, ha! : )