Thursday, April 17, 2008













o.k. cr. here's the poem. still no title
and it may be changed depending on the input from others.
so far, all the responses have been positive.
it's a small poem, but it's a break through for me.
writer's block is painful.



i crave the peach
remembered from last summer's heat
the taste of juice licked

from the first bite of my teeth.
shades of august
in soft sueded skin

a scent that makes me swallow hard.
i crave a peach remembered
tremble in the waiting time
from april thru july.

5 comments:

The Cunning Runt said...

Peaches are like that. Yeah.

Very nice, Gurrrl.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

thank you. i'm glad.

heydave said...

Hey, that works just fine!

Sherry Pasquarello said...

thanks. i'm a little iffy after such a dry spell!

heydave said...

Blame it on winter malaise.
It seems to have taken a toll on myself and many around me, and we're just getting out from under it.