Monday, July 21, 2008


some good news for the american way of life:







Forward this e-mail | Subscribe to People For's Action Alerts
PEOPLE FOR THE AMERICAN WAY July 21, 2008











Dear sherry,



We won! And I can't thank you enough!



You and 14,000 other people signed People For the American Way Foundation's petition to California State University after they fired me because I wouldn't sign a state-mandated "loyalty oath" without being able to attach an explanatory statement -- a statement I felt was necessary to protect my beliefs as a Quaker and a pacifist.



But with your help -- and People For Foundation's lawyers behind me -- we won!



I've got my job back, and Cal State has agreed to let me attach a statement to the oath explaining my religious and free speech concerns, enabling me to sign the oath in good conscience. And I'm confident, and most proud, that others in the future will be able to do the same.



So thank you again for exercising your first amendment right to free speech and religious liberty in support of mine.



If you'd like to join me in celebrating this victory, please show your support by donating to People For the American Way. I know they'd be grateful for your generosity.



Without the important work of People For the American Way and its Foundation, citizens like you and I would not be able to successfully stand up for our rights. They have the know-how and grassroots strength needed to make sure we are taken seriously, so that our freedoms and liberties are not compromised.



I'm proud to support them and I know you are too.



With deepest gratitude,



Wendy Gonaver

No comments: