Monday, July 23, 2012

DRIVERS LICENSE


I was sitting in a lawn chair earlier today, reading, and was
startled by a fairly late model car crashing through my hedge and
coming to rest on my lawn. I ran over and helped the elderly driver
out and sat him down on a lawn chair.

After ascertaining he was not injured, I said "My goodness, sir, you
seem to be quite old to be driving!"

"Yes," he replied, "I am old enough that I don’t need a license."

"What... NO LICENSE?"

"Nope! The last time I went to my doctor he examined me, then asked if
I had a driving license. I told him 'yes' and he asked to see it. He
took a pair of scissors out of a drawer, cut the license into tiny
pieces, threw them into the wastebasket and said, 'You won’t be
needing this anymore!'

So I thanked him and left."

No comments: